- Default behavior can be changed by changing file name of the Sound Keeper executable.
- Primary audio output is used by default. Add "All" or "Digital" to executable file name to enable Sound Keeper on all or digital only outputs.
- Inaudible stream is used by default. Add "Zero" to executable file name to use stream of digital zeroes (like it was in v1.0.0).
- Temporary workaround for a Windows 10 bug which causes a memory leak in the Audio Service when audio output is busy. It will be removed when the bug will be fixed in Windows 10 itself.
- Fixed a potential memory leak when another program uses audio output in exclusive mode.
- Even smaller executable size.
A powerful command line hosts editor with support of batch operations, IDN and IPv6. Another piece of my software from 2013 has a minor update. It was rebuilt for .NET 4.0 instead of .NET 3.5, just because at this moment .NET 4 is the preinstalled on modern Windows (8 and 10), and standalone installer of the .NET 4 is a few times smaller than standalone installer of the .NET 3.5 (48MB vs. 232MB).
This tiny utility allows you to run elevated commands from Windows Command Prompt. Unlike
runas command, where you should enter your password,
su just shows UAC dialog instead, and it is much more convenient. Another feature is that it preserves current directory.
Actually, it was written in 2013. Previous version 1.2.0 was published on my other website. Today I rebuilt it with support of 64-bit systems, and publish it here as version 1.2.1.
I have a directory with old images which I collected in the noughties. I move it with all my other files from one computer to another on every upgrade. Every now and then, when I feel a bit nostalgic, I open it and look through the pictures. There are a few GIF files with animation, and every time I notice that the default image viewer from Windows 7 does not support it. I remembered, that the image viewer from Windows XP was able to play GIF animation properly. So, I spent a bit of time to overcome a few obstacles and to run the old image viewer on modern Windows, a small launcher was created for this purpose. Now I can watch these old images in authentic interface of the old image viewer from Windows XP.
Download: shimgvw_xp32.7z (includes a binary and source code of the launcher, and the shimgvw.dll from English Windows XP SP3).
- A problem when the program stops working properly after waking PC up after sleeping had been resolved.
- Error handling had been improved a bit.
- 64-bit version of the program had been added into the package.
- Visual C++ 2017 is used for building of the program.
A software MIDI synthesizer for Windows, which functions as a VSTi plugin. Supports both the Yamaha XG and the Roland GS extensions, which is a unique feature of the S-YXG50. The VSTi was a part of the Yamaha SOL2 package. Yamaha discontinued support of this software synthesizer in 2003. As it is abandonware now, a portable version of the VSTi was created (installation and registry keys are not required). It uses embedded (into DLL resources) official 4MB wavetable files, which is the best version of wavetable files for the S-YXG50.