Projects like the Need For Seed III Modern Patch require enormous amount of time for developing and support. It is not possible to do such things spending only an hour or two in the evenings. It requires days and weeks of hard work without huge gaps, 8-10 hours per day. Please donate if you like my projects and would like to get some new updates. It is the best motivator to continue working on them.
PayPal doesn't allow to accept money in my country (Belarus). I asked my old friend XXX (it's not about porn, it's just his nickname) from Russia to accept donations, and he agreed to help me. So, you may transfer any amount of money to his PayPal account “email@example.com”.
It would be nice if you will specify “For VEG”, the name of a target project (NFS3/NFS4/SYXG50/SYXG2006), your nickname and a short message for the Recognition Wall as a comment for your transfer. Every donator will be added to the Recognition Wall and will be mentioned as a sponsor of the nearest release in the readme file. If you would like to make your donation as an anonymous person, please mention it in the comment.
Every cup of coffee counts! Actually, it's my fuel, I'm just converting caffeine into code. Thank you in advance!
Information about collected money will be updated once a week (because I don't have direct access to the account). If these goals will not be achieved, I'll do at least some smaller updates. The result of my work, as always, will be absolutely free. Feel free to contact me if you have some questions or suggestions.
Need For Speed III Modern Patch
Current Goal: $250.
Status: paused till the end of holidays.
Sharp fonts and other elements in menus on D3D renderers, just like when Glide renderers are used.
The problem with visible black polygons (e.g. near the Old Church) on the DX7 renderer will be solved.
Movies support for the DX8 renderer.
32bpp rendering for movies. Menu will also work in 32bpp video mode and it will look better. Now it works in 16bpp.
- Simple windowed mode for the DX6/DX7/DX8 renderers. It will be possible to enable it using ini file.
- Investigation about how to add an ability to restore minimized game when it works in fullscreen mode.
- Separate “Frame Size” and “Frame Cropping” graphics settings instead of the current combined one.
- Rewriting of the code which uses the mouse cursor in the exclusive mode. The game will use the default system behavior of the mouse cursor. It will solve many small problems with the mouse cursor in this game. For example, your cursor will be able to leave the window of the game (when it works in a window) without pressing any keys. Also it will solve problems with mouse lagging on some computers.
- Solving of the problems with loading of ghost and replay files from other players (when the other player has a little bit different set of cars in his game).
- An optional ability to change structure of the game directories using the ini file. It may be useful for modding. It will be more flexible than the install.win from the original versions. For example, you will be able to move all save files to some separate directory (e.g. "savedata").
- An optional ability to load a thrash driver from the root directory, as it was in the original version of the game.
These features are planned for the v1.6.1, v1.6.2 and v1.6.3. A beta version is here.
Need For Speed 4 Modern Patch: Milestone 1 (Full Widescreen Support)
Collected: $819 (the surplus will be moved to the next milestone).
Time: a month of work.
Status: paused till the end of holidays.
Mandatory set of features:
- Refactoring of the thrash init and get resolutions list code. It have to solve some compatibility problems with D3D renderers.
- Widescreen resolutions support for the gameplay. It will be possible to choose it from the graphics settings in a general way.
- Proper handling of all aspect ratios (from 5:4 to 16:9, inclusive 4:3 and 16:10). HUD will be adopted automatically for every supported resolution.
- Better modding abilities. AllowHugeTextures setting support, which will allow to use textures up to 2048×2048.
- Patching of the voodoo2a.dll to add an ability to use widescreen resolutions (a Glide API extension, by default only d3da.dll can use widescreen resolutions).
- 32bpp support in the voodoo2a.dll (another Glide API extension).
- Huge textures support in the voodoo2a.dll (and again, it's also a Glide API extension).
It is planned to release v1.0.0 when these features will be done and they will be stable. I'm planning to include some other nice features into the first release, but the list is not predefined. For example, I'll try to remove effect limitations in the menu for the D3D renderers.
2016/11/25 Rider66 (₽10000 ≈ $154 for NFS4):
(Without a comment).
2016/10/17 OlK76 (€125 ≈ $137 for NFS4):
For a better NFS4 support.
2016/10/07 MADMAN_nfs ($100 for NFS4):
Thanks for all work you already put into your projects! Greetings from Germany.
2016/10/12 JimDiabolo ($100 for NFS4):
For the best NFS4 ever.
2016/10/12 OlK76 (€80 ≈ $88 for NFS3):
For a better NFS3 support.
2016/10/19 Cooya! (₽3984 ≈ $63 for NFS4):
Thank you soooo much for fixing up NFS4! Rescuer - Where have you been all these years?!? ;)
2016/10/07 XJ220 (€50 ≈ $55 for NFS4):
Still hard to believe what you achieved, please keep it up!
2016/11/02 Freak-DS (₽3376 ≈ $52 for NFS4):
17 years old game and VEG brings the revolution. Thanks man.
2016/10/18 Tom.K ($50 for NFS3):
You're doing great with these projects. Keep improving them!
2016/10/15 Niko Franke (₽2720 ≈ $43 for NFS4):
NFS4 is the target for me, but I appreciate all your work.
2016/10/07 Remko ($40 for NFS4):
Thanks for expanding the limits of this game, and for listening to our input.
2016/10/18 Sr Lluny (€30 ≈ $33 for NFS4):
Keep up the good job. Thank you very much. I can play again my favourite game.
2016/12/20 beterhans (₽770 ≈ $12 for NFS3):
Thanks! You are awesome! And a little request from me, please check if it will take a lot effort or not. Can you make a key to switch camera on to AI police car in replay mode? :)
2016/10/29 Tesla ($10 for NFS3, $10 for NFS4):
Thank you for your hard work!
2016/10/07 Silent ($10 for NFS3, $5 for NFS4):
Thanks for the NFS3 and NFS4 patches.
2016/10/08 JimDiabolo ($10 for NFS3):
Your NFS3 work needs to be appreciated.
2016/10/09 Milan ($10 for NFS4):
Thanks for the patches man.
2016/10/12 Gustingorriz ($10 for NFS4):
Thanks for making NFS4 stronger than ever. Keep up the good work!
2016/11/05 Anonymous (₽484 ≈ $7 for NFS4):
(Without a comment).