An updated version of the NES demo based on the pirate multicart with a romantic storyline and the Unchained Melody in the menu.
- Sound engine is rewritten. It consumes less RAM bytes and CPU cycles.
- Gapless repeat of the melody (there was a frame of silence before).
- A bit more compact representation of music data (NSF file size: 1720 bytes).
- NSFe track count is fixed (some NSFe players were erroneously trying to play more than one track).
- More robust handling of the Konami Code input.
- Missile reloading takes some time.
- Up to 6 missiles on screen simultaneously!
- Respawn other birds and return to the normal mode when you have died.
- No visible changes in graphics.
Download: unchained_nostalgia.zip (20KB). Project page →